Everyone knows how important color is in achieving the aesthetic look that we want for our websites. However, color can contribute far more than just enhancing a site’s appearance. It can also have a powerful influence on your conversion rate.
Numerous studies have shown that color exerts a powerful psychological influence on the human brain. These studies have revealed that:
- The visual dimension is the No. 1 factor that influence purchase decision among 92.6% of consumers, making it more effective than taste, smell and others.
- It only takes 90 seconds of looking at a product for people to make a subconscious judgment about it, and 90% of that product assessment is based on color alone.
- Two out of three consumers will not buy a large appliance if it doesn’t come in their preferred color
- Magazine readers recognize full-color ads 26% more often than black-and-white ads
- Women love blue, purple and green the most, and hate orange, brown and gray
- Men love blue, green and black the most, and hate brown, orange and purple
- Red and green are the colors most affected by color-vision deficiency, while blue is the least affected. That means nearly everyone can see distinguish blue as a color from other colors.
Many websites and companies have found the benefit using the right color in improving their conversion rates and sales revenues.
- Performable, a marketing analytics company, increased its conversions by 21% simply by changing the color of its call-to-action (CTA) button from greed to red.
- RIPT Apparel achieved a 6.3% increase in sales by changing the color of a CTA button from green to yellow (in addition to tweaking the button copy).
- H.J. Heinz Co. conducted a marketing experiment that involved changing the color of its famous ketchup from red to green, and sold over 10 million bottles in the first 7 months, earning $23 million in sales, which was the highest sales increase in the company’s history.
You, too, can achieve similar benefits by testing colors on your website to see which is more effective in influencing your target audience.
Ragingcreations.com can help you conduct A/B testing on your website to discover what colors trigger purchase decision the most among your target customers.
Find out how here.